Horseback riding, tour along the Circum Baikal railroad and rafting down the Irkut river|
6 days, 5 nights. Departure dates: on request
This one is a great adventure for outdoor lovers. The itinerary gives you a unique chance to experience in one tour some of the most popular outdoor activities that are available on Lake Baikal in summer time. You’ll have a chance to explore the historical sites of Listvyanka village, go on a horseback riding trip in the vicinity of the settlement, visit the legendary Circum Baikal railroad and challenge the rumbling waters of the Irkut river.
Arrival in Irkutsk city. Meeting and assistance at the airport. Transfer (70 km) to Listvyanka Settlement (*) – once a fisherman village that is located on Lake Baikal shore. Ritual stop at famous Shaman Rock – a chip of an ancient mountain that marks the headwaters of the Angara River flowing out of the mighty lake. Check in hotel. Lunch. Sightseeing the village. Upon your wish - a visit to Baikal Museum combined with a visit to the trading square where you may see loads of souvenirs and smoked Baikal Omul fish on sale. Return to hotel. Dinner at your personal expenses. Overnight.
* Listvyanka is 70 kilometers away from Irkutsk. A trip to Listvyanka is the easiest and the fastest way to see Baikal that's why the number of tourists in summer often exceeds the number of villagers. A small trading square is a kind of the village's center where one may seat in a cafe or buy the famous fish of Lake Baikal - omul
After breakfast transfer to the pier. Further transfer to Bolshiye Koty village by boat (appr 1, 5 hr). Easy hiking to Chyornaya Pad’ (3 km), picnic. Horseback riding back to Lisyvyanka. Dinner and overnight.
Early in the morning a small steam engine will take you on a 6 hour ride along the legendary Circum Baikal railroad (*) built in the end of Russian Royalism and called the golden Buckle of Siberia. As you reach Kultuk settlement you will be transferred to the starting point of your rafting trip.
* The volume of earth-moving work done on every kilometer of the way was equal to 400 carriages that may be compared to the volume of work done during the Suez Channel construction. 424 engineer constructions were built along 84 kilometers-long stretch of the road from Khultuk to port Baikal including 39 tunnels with the total length of 8994 meters, 14 kilometers of supporting walls, 47 stone and 3 iron galleries.
The next part of your journey starts from the confluence of the Irkut and the Bystraya rivers that marks the Zirkozunskoye gorge. Packing and introduction. The first stage of the rafting trip lasts for about 3-4 hours. There will be only a couple of rapids so you have plenty of time for hiking, photography and fishing. Overnight in tents.
Have breakfast and get ready for the second – the most challenging part of the rafting adventure. The span of the river between Zubkogan rock to the Big Rapid is relatively smooth. The next part comes more difficult with plenty of chess order rocks scattered in the river. As you approach the Big rapid you’ll hear that sound of roaring water. A camera man may have his best shot from a small platform situated right above the obstacle. After the rapid is conquered have lunch and carry on rafting. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Rafting to abandoned Vyguzovo village where you eventually reach the calm waters and find yourselves near Shamanka Settlement. Packing up and transfer to Irkutsk city (50 km) by minibus.
1. No special training required.
2. Outfit and gear: tents, life vests, dry bags, rafts.
3. Meals are cooked over campfire or on gas stoves.
4. Your safety: all gear and outfit are state-certified for safety and camping standards.
5. Climate conditions: Occasional rains and low temperatures at night are possible. Due to the changeable weather and calisthenics the tour itinerary may be slightly altered.
6. It is required that customers have waterproof raincoats, warm clothes and footwear to change. Fishermen are welcomed to bring fishing accessories.
Number of persons in a group and tour cost per person in rubles:
2 persons:98 000
4 persons:66 000
6 persons:58 000
• Ground and water transportation as described in the itinerary;
• Accommodation as described in the itinerary based on DBL occupancy;
• Meals: full board (except for lunch and dinner on Day 1, dinner on Day 6)
• Horse rent;
• Rent of tents, rafts, other rafting gear required on the trip;
• Guide services;